"FUNKSHION" Swim Fashion Week Miami Beach 2016

FUNKSHION: Swim Fashion Week Miami Beach 2016 July 13-17

Before I get into all the goodies, I just have to say I have a new appreciation for swimsuit models. "Yes, I said it! I don't envy them or wish they didn't exist anymore. Their bodies are a work of Art! What do you have to do to look that? Their bodies are amazing I hate to use this word but “Flawless” yes, I said it!!

Ok enough about the models! I was so excited to attend FUNKSHION Swim Fashion Week in Miami Beach this year. The FUNKSHION tent was the largest climate controlled venue located one block for the beautiful Miami Beach. The other location was Nautilus Hotel with beautifully lush landscaped pool area where the runway was built over the pool. The fashion shows were fun, sexy, playful and fabulous, 5 days of flawless models parading the runway celebrating the most fabulous swim fashion week on the planet. “Well, that how I felt. And it was over 90+ degrees everyday so thank for the climate controlled tent!

Every show was so different and told its own fabulous stories. As we would wait for the next fashion show I would try to compare designer but I just couldn’t, each fashion show was an experience. The designers did not just show swimwear, they told fabulous sexy stories with textures, patterns and colors.

The looks on the runway were all about adoring the body. The designers made swimwear look and feel very high fashion and luxurious. Everything was a must have, tons of tie ups and lace ups in the front, in the back, strings everywhere. My favorites were all the cut out one piece bathing suits. "Oh and less is more, the bikini's were tiny with not much left to the imagination. "So what if it's not even an 1/8  of a yard of fabric for the top and bottom? Get over it! The colors and patterns made the bikini's modern and beautiful.

The cover ups allow you to go from the pool to a Miami hot spot for drinks. The cover up needed its own fashion week.  I started calling the cover ups swim ready to wear. Some designers were very playful and fun with their looks, but my favorite’s went the other route sexy, bold and fearless. This swim week did not disappoint, I can’t wait to see what ends up in the stores next year. FYI start working out now! If you don’t you will be sorry!

Now to the goodies, here are some of my favorite looks.

 
 
Aqua Clara
 


For Love & Lemons


 
Beach Riot


Anna Kosturova
 



 
Luli Fama
 

Maajji
 

Tori Praver
 


 
 
Sinesia-Karol
 
 
Kai Lani
 

 The Art of Fashion Beach Swim
 


 
 
 
 
 



 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fashion Lion:R&B singer Monica Brown

Men's Wear Monday" Flower Guy"

Men's Wear Monday" A little African in your Wardrobe?