Open Letter to : American Fashion Leaders

Dear American Fashion Leaders,
 
As the years go by I've grown to appreciate you more and more each day!  Designers  come and go but you remain true to fashion. You all have great success stories but your story didn't make you great!  Perfecting your talents made  you great and successful! As we approach New York Fashion week in less than 30 days . I just wanted to reflect on the past , lets go back 15 years. In 2000, New York Fashion Week wasn't about stars, paparazzi, after parties bloggers and fashionista.  Fashion Week was about fashion!
 
I was new to New York back then and I had the privilege of  working across the street from Bryant Park. As a student of fashion I knew what was going on in the tents. The rest of the world was kind of clueless. There  were some  commotion in and around the city but not  like now, these days its like Fashion Super Bowl . Buyers, editors, fashion leaders in the retail world sat in the front row.  PR agencies worked their ass off to fill the rest of those  seats in those tents. "How do I know? Well, during my lunch break & after work I would walk across the street to Bryant Park and watch the shows. I looked like I belong there,  and only fashion people knew what was going on in those tents so I was in. I meet a lot of PR assistants and they got me in  a lot of shows!!!. Fast forward 2015 I'm on my way back to New York  City for Fashion Week.  Its been 9 years since my last Fashion Week in New York City. I see the pictures and I follow all  my favorite bloggers and editors for play by play coverage. But this year I will be there and I feel like I'm learning how to walk again! I know I'm going to see collections I never heard off, and the city will be full with local, national and international blogger, fashionista, Stylists, It girls, Socialites , Editors, Celebrities and Athletes. But I just  hope I get to  see some amazing Fashion! ......Please!
 
 
sincerely,
M.E.F. Style Report!
 
 
Year 2000 :






 


 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Men's Wear Monday" A little African in your Wardrobe?

Men's Wear Monday " African Styling"

"Fashion Lion" RIHANNA